Summary of key features
- Ultra-high zoom. The sky is no longer the limit. Shoot with a 125x optical zoom (24–3000mm) and 250x Dynamic Fine Zoom (6000 mm).² ³
- Jaw-dropping shots. The bright f/2.8 – f/8 NIKKOR lens, 16 MP sensor, EXPEED image processor, and RAW support combine to deliver sharp results.
- Super-telephoto 4K movies. Easily record 4K/UHD 30p footage, or Full HD (1080p) video at frame rates of up to 60p. Film in stereo sound and benefit from clean HDMI out.
- Steady images. Dual Detect Optical Vibration Reduction (VR) counters the effects of camera shake for sharper stills and movies. VR Active mode delivers a more stable viewfinder and monitor image.
- Any angle. The bright 3.2-in 921k-dot LCD monitor can be tilted and twisted in almost any direction.
- Smooth zoom control. A large grip and a side zoom-control ease handling. A snap-back zoom button instantly retracts the lens from super-telephoto to a wider angle, making it easy to pick up subjects that have moved out of shot.
- Perfect results. RAW support lets users save and export uncompressed image files to processing/editing programs.
- Share the wonder. SnapBridge connectivity lets users sync photos to a smart device as they shoot. SnapBridge also makes it possible to use the smart device to shoot remotely.
¹ As of 10th July 2018
² 35mm equivalent
³ Magnification of Dynamic Fine Zoom is calculated from the maximum wide-angle position of the optical zoom.
Nikon’s SnapBridge application must be installed on a compatible smart device before SnapBridge can be used with this camera.