Find out about the different warranties we offer below
Nikon European Service Warranty - Digital Imaging Products only
This applies to Digital equipment (digital SLRs, COOLPIX compacts & Coolscan film scanners).
Nikon digital products sold in Europe have a warranty which is honoured by Nikon European offices in the countries listed below. This warranty is not supported by Nikon offices outside of Europe. Nikon digital products sold outside Europe also have localised warranties and are not supported in Europe.
1. THIS IS THE EUROPEAN ONE YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY (VALID IN THE AUSTRIA, BELGIUM, CZECH REPUBLIC, DENMARK, FINLAND, FRANCE, GERMANY, GREECE, HUNGARY, ITALY, NETHERLANDS, NORWAY, POLAND, RUSSIA, SPAIN, SWEDEN, SWITZERLAND, UNITED KINGDOM). YOU MUST PRESENT THIS FORM TOGETHER WITH PROOF OF PURCHASE AND PROOF OF PURCHASE DATE (BILL OF SALE) TO OBTAIN WARRANTY SERVICE. Should your Nikon product require warranty service, please contact the dealer from whom it was purchased or a member of our authorised service network in European countries.
2. YOUR NIKON EQUIPMENT IS GUARANTEED AGAINST ANY MANUFACTURING DEFECTS FOR ONE FULL YEAR FROM THE DATE OF THE ORIGINAL PURCHASE. If during this period of guarantee the product proves defective due to improper material or workmanship, our authorised service network in European countries will, without charge for labour and parts, repair the product in the terms and conditions set as below. Nikon reserves the right (at it's sole discretion) to replace or repair the product. This warranty is only provided upon presentation of the completed warranty card and original invoice or purchase receipt indicating the date of purchase, product type and dealers name, together with the product. Nikon reserves the right to refuse free-of-charge warranty service if the above documents cannot be presented or the information contained in it is incomplete or illegible.
3. This warranty will not cover: - necessary maintenance and repair or replacement of parts due to normal wear and tear. - modifications to upgrade the product from it's normal purpose as described in user manuals, without the prior written consent of Nikon. - transport costs and all risks of transport relating directly or indirectly to the warranty of the products. - any damage resulting from modifications or adjustments which may be made to the product, without the prior written consent of Nikon, in order to comply with local and national standards in force in any country than the ones for which the product was originally designed and/or manufactured.
4. The warranty will not be applicable in the case of: - damage caused by misuse including but not limited to failure to use the product for it's normal purpose or according to the user instructions on the proper use and maintenance, and to installation and use of the product inconsistent with the safety standards in force in the country where it is used. - damage caused by accidents including but not limited to lighting, water, fire, misuse or neglect. - alteration, defacing illegibility or removal of the model or serial number on the product. - damage resulting from repairs or adjustments which have been conducted by unauthorised service organisations or persons. - damage in any system into which the product is incorporated or with which it used.
5. This service warranty does not affect the consumer's statutory rights under applicable national laws in force, nor the consumer's right against the dealer arising from their sales/purchase contract. THIS WARRANTY MAY NOT BE REPRODUCED OR COPIED AND WILL BE VALID ONLY WITH AUTHENTIC PRODUCTS SOLD BY NIKON EUROPE.