MIRRORLESS LOW-LIGHT MASTERY: MEET THE NIKKOR Z 58MM f/0.95 S NOCT
Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 10 October 2019: Today Nikon introduces an iconic lens for its mirrorless cameras: the NIKKOR Z 58mm f/0.95 S Noct. With the classic appeal of the legendary Nikon F-mount Noct and a revolutionary optical design, its ultra-wide aperture and exceptional sharpness offer outstanding new capabilities in low light
The immaculately-constructed NIKKOR Z 58mm f/0.95 S Noct is a game-changing manual-focus lens. The wide Z mount and large f/0.95 aperture open up a world of new possibilities in low-light performance. From portraits to nightscapes and movie-making, the incredible depth and sharpness combine to render every image and frame in cinematic style.
Two anti-reflection coatings – ARNEO coat and Nano Crystal Coat – work together to combat ghosting and flare, while aberration correction is dramatically improved by the precision large-diameter ground aspherical lens element and its high refractive index. The tough fluorine coating repels dust, dirt and moisture without compromising image quality.
An OLED lens information panel allows aperture, focus distance and depth of field to be quickly confirmed right on the lens, and an intuitive control ring enables smooth and silent control of functions including aperture and exposure compensation. From AE lock to metering and bracketing, the expanded Fn button has up to 17 assignable functions matching the Fn button on the camera body. Inscribed lettering records the lens name and details for a refined appearance and enduring legibility.
Portrait photographers will see their subjects sharply rendered – even when shooting at the widest aperture of f/0.95 – and experience exceptional aesthetic control in any light conditions. Exquisite bokeh is guaranteed, smoothly graded to the edges of the frame.
Capturing the night has never been so satisfying. An optical design with 17 elements in 10 groups ensures that point light sources are reproduced in beautiful detail, even when shooting wide open. From night landscapes to astrophotography, the results are astounding.
And movie-makers will enjoy the vast control over depth of field from the NIKKOR Z 58mm f/0.95 S Noct’s large maximum aperture, creating powerful cinematic footage full of emotion, character and atmosphere.
Introducing the lens that pays homage to the renowned F-mount Noct with its 58mm focal length, Nikon Europe BV’s Manager Product Marketing, Dirk Jasper, said: “The NIKKOR Z 58mm f/0.95 S Noct is not only a pinnacle of optical engineering, but it also embodies the principle behind the development of Nikon’s Z mount – to enable the finest optical quality lenses to be created at this scale. This is a lens that honours the past while representing a huge step forward in low-light capability. It is exciting to see the promise of the Z mount system be fulfilled so powerfully.”
Summary of the key features
• ARNEO Coat + Nano Crystal Coat: Two anti-reflection coatings combat ghosting and flare. Nikon’s ARNEO Coat counters vertical incidental light. Nano Crystal Coat counters diagonal incidental light.
• Ground Aspherical Lens Element: A precision large-diameter aspherical lens element with a high refractive index dramatically improves aberration correction.
• Fluorine Coat: Nikon’s tough lens coating repels dust, dirt, and moisture without compromising image quality.
• High-Precision Focus Ring: Adjust focus with extreme accuracy and natural torque. Ideal for both still and movie shooting.
• Inscribed Lettering: Lens name and details are inscribed for a refined appearance and enduring legibility.
• OLED Lens Information Panel: Quickly confirm aperture, focus distance, and depth of field right on the lens.
• Intuitive Control Ring: Assign and control functions such as aperture and exposure.
• Expanded Fn Button: Assignable functions match the Fn buttons on the camera body.
- NIKON COLLABORATES WITH NISSIN JAPAN LTD. AND PROFOTO
- GET WIDELY CREATIVE. THE SMALLEST Z SERIES PRIME LENS TO DATE
- NIKON INTRODUCES HIGH-PERFORMANCE, COMPACT S-LINE ZOOM LENS
- NIKON LAUNCHES NX TETHER AND NX MOBILEAIR – SUPPORTING THE WORKFLOW OF PROFESSIONAL PHOTOGRAPHERS
- NIKON OFFERS EXCLUSIVE ACCESS TO ITS Z 9 WITH FREE VIRTUAL EVENT
- NIKON ANNOUNCES THE Z 9 FLAGSHIP CAMERA
- NIKON IS DEVELOPING THE NIKKOR Z 400MM F/2.8 TC VR S SUPER-TELEPHOTO PRIME LENS WITH A BUILT-IN 1.4X TELECONVERTER FOR THE NIKON Z MOUNT SYSTEM
- NIKON ADDS VERSATILE DX ZOOM LENS TO ITS NIKKOR Z RANGE
- NIKON INTRODUCES TWO NEW MONARCH BINOCULARS TO BRING THE BEAUTY OF NATURE TO LIFE
- Nikon releases the NIKKOR Z 40mm f/2, a compact and lightweight prime lens for the Nikon Z mount system