Nikon Celebrates its Continuing Patronage of The Open
London, UK, 9th July 2018 – Nikon today announces the continuation of its long-standing patronage of The Open, golf’s oldest international Major Championship, which takes place from 15th – 22nd July 2018.
The 147th Open is hosted this year at Carnoustie, the most northerly course on The Open rota, widely celebrated as one of the finest courses in Scotland. The prestigious sporting event will see the world’s best golfers compete to win the iconic Claret Jug, first presented in 1873 and known as one of the most prestigious trophies in sport.
Nikon branding and specialist sport optic products will be present throughout the championship, representing our continuing affiliation with the tournament.
For enthusiastic golfers looking to give their game the edge, Nikon will be selling its latest laser rangefinders and binoculars through the official Open Shop, including two recently announced MONARCH HG 30mm-Diameter Binoculars and the new Coolshot Pro Stabilized – a golfing laser rangefinder designed for improved target accuracy and distance measurement.
Remarking on this year’s patronage, John Walshe - Vice President of Nikon Europe comments: “Nikon is incredibly proud to be celebrating another year as Patron of The Open. The Open plays host to world class golfers and professional sports photographers alike, allowing them a platform to capture the event for a global audience. The Open continues to be Nikon’s most important global sponsorship and we look forward to maximising our brand presence at this year’s event.”
- NIKON ADDS VERSATILE DX ZOOM LENS TO ITS NIKKOR Z RANGE
- NIKON INTRODUCES TWO NEW MONARCH BINOCULARS TO BRING THE BEAUTY OF NATURE TO LIFE
- Nikon releases the NIKKOR Z 40mm f/2, a compact and lightweight prime lens for the Nikon Z mount system
- NIKON SCOOPS FOUR WINS AT THE 2021-2022 EISA AWARDS
- NIKON LAUNCHES THREE NEW RANGEFINDERS TO TAKE YOUR GOLF GAME TO THE NEXT LEVEL
- NIKON DEVELOPS NEW HIGH-POWER Z SERIES ZOOM LENS
- NIKON ANNOUNCES THE NIKON Z fc MIRRORLESS CAMERA
- Nikon, CIWEM, WaterBear and ARUP Announce Judges for Environmental Photographer of the Year 2021 Competition
- NIKON ANNOUNCES NX FIELD – A NEW REMOTE SHOOTING SYSTEM FOR PROFESSIONALS
- Nikon to expand its Z mount lens range with the development of the NIKKOR Z 28mm f/2.8 and NIKKOR Z 40mm f/2