This website (hereinafter the Website) is made available by Nikon Europe B.V. and its subsidiaries (hereinafter Nikon). Please feel free to browse. Access to and use of the site is subject to the following Terms and Conditions of Use, and any relevant applicable laws. This page also sets out certain additional relevant legal information. By accessing and/or using the Website, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions of Use. Please read these Terms and Conditions of Use carefully. Personal data that you may provide through the Website will be treated in accordance with our Privacy Statement.
2. Restrictions on use in respect of intellectual property rights
The Website contains many elements that are protected by European and international copyrights and other intellectual property rights, such as (but not limited to) the Nikon trademarks, trade names, logos, photographs, videos, music, texts and the graphic design of the Website (hereinafter the Contents). Without prejudice to any additional restrictions arising by virtue of applicable laws, the following restrictions on the use of the Website apply to protect these rights:
- No part of the Website may be copied electronically or otherwise except to the extent required in order to efficiently consult the Website via the Internet and use the services offered on it. Reproduction of any part of the Website on any other website is expressly forbidden.
- The trademarks, trade names, service marks and logos of Nikon as used on the Website may not be displayed or used in any manner without Nikon's prior written consent.
- Nikon authorises you to use the Website and the Contents of the Website solely for your own personal purposes ─ provided you keep intact all copyright and other proprietary notices ─ and prohibits the use of the Website and the Contents of the Website for any commercial purposes.
- In principle, hyperlinks may be made to the Website provided these are to the main page of this Website [www.nikon.ie]. Making so-called "deeplinks" or "in-line links" directly to other parts of the Website is prohibited, unless Nikon has consented to it.
- Visiting the Website by automated means (e.g. by using "crawlers" or "autobots") in order to systematically retrieve information therefrom or to functionally link the Contents of the Website to another website is not allowed.
- It is prohibited for a hyperlink to be set up in such a way that an Internet user views the Website in the frame of another website.
"Nikon" is a registered international trademark of Nikon Corporation. Other trademarks, logos and service marks displayed on the Website may be registered trademarks or unregistered marks of Nikon, its group companies or affiliated companies.
4. Unacceptable use
Use of the Website or the Contents in a manner that hampers other users of the Website, infringes their rights or otherwise interrupts the proper functioning of the Website or adversely affects the information presented on the Website and/or the software controlling its operation is prohibited. Use of the Website under a false name or by circumventing any of the security measures in place for closed parts of the Website is not permitted. Use of the Website or the Contents thereof which could reasonably be held to constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability or otherwise be contrary to the law of any country is prohibited.
5. Links to Websites of third parties
This Website may contain hyperlinks to other websites outside this Website domain [www.nikon.ie]. Deviating conditions may apply to these hyperlinks as indicated on those pages. Any links to third party websites are provided solely as a convenience to you and are used at your own risk. Nikon is not responsible for the contents of pages accessed in such a manner.
Neither Nikon nor any other party involved in creating, producing or delivering the Website is liable for any loss, damage or cost, nor any direct, incidental, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising out of your use of the Website or services (including liability for delays or inaccuracies in the transmission of information, interruption, suspension or termination of the Website) unless such damage is a result of wilful misconduct on the part of Nikon.
Nikon shall not be liable for any damages to, or viruses that may infect, your computer equipment on account of your access to, use of, or browsing on the Website or your use of any Contents therein.
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions of use shall exclude or limit Nikon's liability for any liability, which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
Your use of and browsing on the Website is at your own risk. Except where expressly stated, everything on the Website is provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis.
Nikon expressly disclaims all warranties of any kind, whether expressed or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement to the maximum extent permitted by law.
Much care has been given to the Contents and accuracy of the information presented on the Website. However, Nikon makes no warranty that the Website and information on the Website will meet the user's requirements, that the Website will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or error-free; nor does Nikon make any warranty as to the results that may be obtained from the use of the Website.
Any material and/or data downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of or from the Website is done at your own discretion and risk.
You are responsible for the content of your photoshare file placed on the server of Nikon or any other material distributed through the Website or services. You are responsible for all liabilities arising out of your use of the Website or services. You agree to indemnify Nikon and all Nikon's affiliates for losses, damages or liabilities incurred and any claim, or legal proceedings that are brought or threatened against Nikon or it's affiliates arising from your use of the Website or service.
9. Responsibility for username and password
When you provide information when using or applying for a username and password, you agree to provide true, accurate, up-to-date and complete information as required by the registration form(s) made available to you by Nikon via the Website or otherwise. If the information you provide is untrue, inaccurate, out-of-date or incomplete, Nikon may terminate or suspend your access to the relevant section of the Website.
The username and password you receive to access certain services provided via the Website are confidential and may not be disclosed to or shared with any third parties, or otherwise used for any unauthorised purpose. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the username and password and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your username and password.
You acknowledge that the use of the password and username together constitute your authorisation. You are aware that you will be bound by any action registered by the use of your username and password. You should therefore be aware that you must implement adequate security measures to ensure that the username and password allocated to you are disclosed only to authorised persons.
- to notify Nikon immediately of any unauthorised use of your username or password or of any other breach of security; and
- to ensure that you exit from your username at the end of each session.
Nikon may at any time revise or update these Terms and Conditions of Use. You will be bound by any such revisions and should therefore periodically visit this page to review the then current Terms and Conditions of Use.
11. Applicable law
These Terms and Conditions of Use shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Dutch law. The courts of Amsterdam shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle disputes which may arise out of or in connection with these Terms and Conditions of Use.