TWO FIRMWARE UPDATES INTRODUCE ENHANCED FEATURES FOR NIKON Z-SERIES CAMERAS
Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 17th December 2020: Today Nikon is pleased to announce that RAW video output*¹, *² from the Z 7 and Z 6 mirrorless cameras will now be compatible with external capture devices manufactured by Blackmagic Design*³ .
The firmware updates enable the recording of high-quality video shot with the Z 7 or Z 6 in not only ProRes RAW, but also Blackmagic RAW. Video in 12-bit 4K UHD or full-HD RAW can be captured to an external recorder connected to the Z 7 or Z 6 via HDMI, expanding recording options for RAW video and further supporting the production of advanced video works.
Furthermore, ProRes RAW video recorded to the Ninja V external capture device by Atomos, is also compatible with the latest ISO settings and colour temperature control features added to Apple’s Final Cut Pro Version 10.4.9 and later versions. This expands video editing options when using Final Cut Pro.
Support for RAW video output to a Blackmagic Design external recorder can be enabled on cameras that have already been serviced for the RAW video output upgrade by simply updating the firmware to Ver. 3.2, with no need for additional service at a Nikon facility.
An internal setting on the camera must be revised during a service at an authorised Nikon Service Centre prior to downloading the firmware update, to allow RAW video output to be enabled. This service will incur local charges.
*¹ The RAW video output function can be enabled by a Nikon service facility for a fee.
*² With the Z 7, RAW video output is possible only with full-HD videos recorded in the FX-based video format and 4K UHD videos recorded in the DX-based video format. With the Z 6, 4K UHD and full-HD RAW video output is possible with both FX- and DX-based movie formats.
*³ The Atomos Ninja V and now the Blackmagic Video Assist 5" 12G HDR and Blackmagic Video Assist 7" 12G HDR can be used to record Nikon RAW video in the ProRes RAW or Blackmagic RAW format, respectively. Operation is not guaranteed with recorders other than those noted above. (as of December 17th 2020).
- NIKON COLLABORATES WITH NISSIN JAPAN LTD. AND PROFOTO
- GET WIDELY CREATIVE. THE SMALLEST Z SERIES PRIME LENS TO DATE
- NIKON INTRODUCES HIGH-PERFORMANCE, COMPACT S-LINE ZOOM LENS
- NIKON LAUNCHES NX TETHER AND NX MOBILEAIR – SUPPORTING THE WORKFLOW OF PROFESSIONAL PHOTOGRAPHERS
- NIKON OFFERS EXCLUSIVE ACCESS TO ITS Z 9 WITH FREE VIRTUAL EVENT
- NIKON ANNOUNCES THE Z 9 FLAGSHIP CAMERA
- NIKON IS DEVELOPING THE NIKKOR Z 400MM F/2.8 TC VR S SUPER-TELEPHOTO PRIME LENS WITH A BUILT-IN 1.4X TELECONVERTER FOR THE NIKON Z MOUNT SYSTEM
- NIKON ADDS VERSATILE DX ZOOM LENS TO ITS NIKKOR Z RANGE
- NIKON INTRODUCES TWO NEW MONARCH BINOCULARS TO BRING THE BEAUTY OF NATURE TO LIFE
- Nikon releases the NIKKOR Z 40mm f/2, a compact and lightweight prime lens for the Nikon Z mount system