NIKON ADDS VERSATILE DX ZOOM LENS TO ITS NIKKOR Z RANGE
London, United Kingdom, 13th October 2021: Nikon today introduces the NIKKOR Z DX 18-140mm f/3.5-6.3 VR, which offers superb image quality and versatility for those shooting at wide, standard, or telephoto focal lengths.
An ideal travel companion, the advanced DX lens has superior optics both when shooting at a distance and for closer shots, meaning it can be used in any photographic scenario – from sweeping landscapes to intricate portraits.
Ideal for those who are progressing from smartphone photography, the easy-to-use lens removes the need for a sizeable kit bag. It weighs just 315 g and its 18-140 mm focal-length range delivers the optimum balance between the light weight needed for superior portability and the ability to capture typical scenes while traveling.
A built-in vibration reduction system, meanwhile, combats hand or camera shake, letting users shoot at shutter speeds of up to five stops slower. This results in crisp and blur free images even in poor light situations, whether it is an atmospheric interior shot or shooting cityscapes at night.
The NIKKOR Z DX 18-140mm f/3.5-6.3 VR also supports sharp and smooth video recording, adding to its ‘do-everything’ lens status. Its autofocus is fast and performs brilliantly with the Z camera’s Eye-Detection AF, to keep focus right where it is needed. This results in beautiful footage from travels and adventures.
Designed to be protected against the elements, the DX lens includes effective sealing against dust and water drops, meaning it can be used in most environments.
NIKKOR Z DX 18-140mm f/3.5-6.3 VR - your perfect travel companion:
• A versatile DX-format zoom lens with superior optics
• Compact and lightweight body, perfect for when on the move
• Powerful 7.8x zoom lens, bringing you closer to your subject than ever
• Incredible minimum focus distance of 0.20 m at wide focal lengths
• Vibration reduction mode, allowing user to shoot at shutter speeds of up to 5 stops slower with no camera shake
• Electromagnetic diaphragm mechanism, using signals from the camera for even more precise aperture control and consistently stable exposure control
• Great for videos and stills, with easy-to-use controls
• Sealed to protect from dust and drips
Nikon is a world-leading provider of imaging products and services. Its innovative optics technology—from consumer to professional cameras, lenses to system accessories—is powered by over 100 years of experience. The brand is globally recognised for setting new standards in design and performance, with Nikon’s revolutionary Z series mirrorless cameras and NIKKOR Z lenses representing a new dimension of optical performance.
Nikon is committed to leading imaging culture and enables some of the world’s best visual artists to reach their creative potential through visual storytelling. Its award-winning equipment empowers photographers and videographers to realise their creative vision at the highest level.
As a trusted visionary partner, it unites all levels of content creators through its engaged community, unrivalled technical expertise, and access to educational resources, via initiatives such as The Nikon School.
- NIKON COLLABORATES WITH NISSIN JAPAN LTD. AND PROFOTO
- GET WIDELY CREATIVE. THE SMALLEST Z SERIES PRIME LENS TO DATE
- NIKON INTRODUCES HIGH-PERFORMANCE, COMPACT S-LINE ZOOM LENS
- NIKON LAUNCHES NX TETHER AND NX MOBILEAIR – SUPPORTING THE WORKFLOW OF PROFESSIONAL PHOTOGRAPHERS
- NIKON OFFERS EXCLUSIVE ACCESS TO ITS Z 9 WITH FREE VIRTUAL EVENT
- NIKON ANNOUNCES THE Z 9 FLAGSHIP CAMERA
- NIKON IS DEVELOPING THE NIKKOR Z 400MM F/2.8 TC VR S SUPER-TELEPHOTO PRIME LENS WITH A BUILT-IN 1.4X TELECONVERTER FOR THE NIKON Z MOUNT SYSTEM
- NIKON INTRODUCES TWO NEW MONARCH BINOCULARS TO BRING THE BEAUTY OF NATURE TO LIFE
- Nikon releases the NIKKOR Z 40mm f/2, a compact and lightweight prime lens for the Nikon Z mount system
- NIKON SCOOPS FOUR WINS AT THE 2021-2022 EISA AWARDS